Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A simple forum dedicated to the English Chorus Group CR.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mixing programs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michiri
Mixer
Michiri

Mixing programs Empty
PostSubject: Mixing programs   Mixing programs EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Thought I'd finally make this thread xD

I just upgraded to Adobe Audition 6 ~
I haven't played with it too much, seems basically the same as 3, but a few of the options are more customisable. The layout is much friendlier too. It doesn't have a combo select/move tool though which is weird.

I have recently learnt how to use automation lanes too. Can't believe it took me this long. Now I can finally do those awesome effect crossfades, yeeeaah!

So what programs does everyone else use?

And does anyone know how to work Cubase? I have it, but I can't even get it to play sound through my headphones...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nomyriad
Jayn
Founder
Jayn

Mixing programs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing programs   Mixing programs EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:13 pm

That's awesome! I used 3.0 for the longest time, omg. It really helped me transition into 6 (which I had first but like...hated). My favorite feature is the 'match volume' one. It's been the most helpful to me in unifying files to be the same volume and such without having to totally play it by ear.

I also use Reaper, because it's less taxing on my laptop and it's easier for me to time in it. I usually just go to Audition for the more professional effects and such.
Back to top Go down
http://littlejayneycakes.tumblr.com
Michiri
Mixer
Michiri

Mixing programs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing programs   Mixing programs EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:32 am

Jayn wrote:
That's awesome! I used 3.0 for the longest time, omg. It really helped me transition into 6 (which I had first but like...hated). My favorite feature is the 'match volume' one. It's been the most helpful to me in unifying files to be the same volume and such without having to totally play it by ear.

I also use Reaper, because it's less taxing on my laptop and it's easier for me to time in it. I usually just go to Audition for the more professional effects and such.

I've never actually used the match volume feature before. It's mostly just hard limiting the vocals when it comes to volume and stuff. Guess I should keep that at the back of my mind just in case one day.

I don't know a lot about Reaper, so I googled it. Seems pretty good, and the discounted liscence is a great price. Wish adobe had that kinda thing.. It's way too hard justifying spending so much money on a simple hobby.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nomyriad
Sponsored content

Mixing programs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing programs   Mixing programs Empty

Back to top Go down

Mixing programs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Staff :: Mixers-
Jump to: